Our mission is to maintain a safe, healthy, and happy environment in which dogs may be dogs. We accomplish this through exercise, discipline, and affection, in that order.
Bowhaus is looking for a few great people who are serious about about providing dogs with a healthy, safe, clean and fun environment.
We are a fast-growing, fun, safe, upbeat daycare, and we take pride in the work that we do. We are known for our excellence in customer service and genuine care for our dogs. Our employees are team members, caregivers, role models, and pack leaders. Our pride in our work is what allows us to serve our customers, dogs, and community exceptionally.
We are looking for a mature, responsible and highly motivated full-time daycare attendant who is seeking long-term employment. This is not a seasonal, summer, or temporary position. You must be more than just a dog lover. This is not a job where you just “play with dogs all day”. This is a physically demanding and mentally challenging position, but it can be fun and rewarding for the right person. We carefully screen potential employees to ensure the continuation of excellent service while providing a safe, fun, and stress-free environment.
We value innovation and solution-oriented team members. We expect a lot from our employees, from supporting each other through communication to willingness to jump in and get things done. Working as a team means that your input is important to our ever-evolving programs whether it’s finding a more efficient way to do something, adding something new or getting rid of something that wasn’t working.
The ideal candidate has a variety of important qualities (not limited to the following):
- Detail-oriented and enthusiastic about cleaning: lots of dogs means lots of cleaning
- Driven and committed
- Dedicated to learn
- Genuinely love being around all sizes of dogs
- Has a calm and assertive energy around dogs
- Loves interacting with customers
- Excellent communication skills, and is competent on computers and smart phones
- Flexible on schedule (Must be able to work weekends, major holidays and to be “on call” for some shifts) These are our busiest times
- Preferably located within 20 minutes of our location and must have reliable transportation
- Capable of performing physical tasks, such as lifting up to 40lbs, and standing for long periods of time (sometimes up to 8 hours)
- Willing to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Capable of dealing with various types of customers
- Able to handle a fast-paced, sometimes hectic environment
- Believes in high standards; does not accept mediocrity
- Self-starter and quick learner
- Able to pass a criminal background check
- Knowledge of dog behavior and positive reinforcement is a big plus!
Starting pay is $9.50/hr with a 50 cent increase after the initial training period is completed, then $10 after second training period. All training should be completed in 30 days. Future raises will be performance-based raises as merited.
Bowhaus Employee Perks!
Bring your well behaved dog(s) to work after your first month of employment (provided they pass their “trial day” and don’t prove to be a distraction)
Discounts on boarding, dog food, and treats
401k retirement plan available after first year
If you think you would be a great addition to our team, please send your resume (with references) to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include in the subject line “Daycare Attendant, Boulder”.
Please include the following:
Why do you think you would be a perfect addition to Bowhaus’ team?
What is your experience with dogs (professional dog experience is not required) and why do you want to work in a dog daycare?
What is your favorite breed and why?
What is your availability?
Emails without this information will not be considered. It’s your opportunity to allow us to get to know you!